As someone whom has struggled all their life to make a better life for herself. Whom has never had opportunity knock on her door. Whom has had to fight for everything and whom has had everything taken away from her to only brush herself off and get back up again. Trying endlessly to climb up that ladder or financial freedom to only have one of the fat cats knock her back down again.

I tried everything to make money and better myself. Taking countless courses of different topics bouncing from one course to the next till even my counselor began to label me the bouncer. Never truly happy with what I did nor making much along the way just losing money. Losing from all the money spent taking courses that were to get me a better job, losing money at all the countless jobs that seemed to always end in lay off, bankruptcy or job cancellations. Never my own fault, just bad luck in jobs and the economy. As soon as I was hired it seemed that I would need to find another job the next week. Terrible luck

I was at the end of my patience and emotional roller-coaster ride of never finding that one perfect job that would give me security and the financial freedom I longed for.

Another job posting and another hire to only be trained and than find out that they didn't need me anymore.


I was living pay check to pay check. Barely surviving mentally. Till I woke up one day and realized that I needed to do something about my situation and quick, that I wasn't made for the 9-5 work day and that I needed to be my own boss to succeed.



I sat down and wrote a list not a list of grocery items I could afford and not afford but this time my list title was:

"What makes me Happy?"

My list went something like this:

1. reading
2. writing
3. family and friends
4. computers
5. creating
6. laughter
7. fun
8. money

Looking back on my happy list I realized that money itself was not my highest priority. When I needed money the most it was at the bottom. I than began to understand what this free thought was telling me. That I needed the things in my life to make me happy and to be fully happy in my job I needed this very important things. No bosses, no dead-line, no 9-5 work schedule.

This simple list made me realize that in all the jobs I worked at all of these things were lacking. And that was why I could never truly succeed.

If you feel dis-satisfied with your job and unhappy with your work, sit down for a moment clear your head of all thoughts, stress's, and just write a free form list of things that make you happy the first things and words that pop into your head. Than go over each thing, connect them together and find out what job could provide you with your happy thoughts? And what do you need to get there?

0 comments